My eyes sting from staring at my screen for too long, watching words form on and move around blank documents. I don’t need to tell you how busy I’ve been with my job (it’s not particularly a stellar description of someone’s day now, is it? Everybody always seems preoccupied). But for a quick […]
My eyes sting from staring at my screen for too long, watching words form on and move around blank documents. I don’t need to tell you how busy I’ve been with my job (it’s not particularly a stellar description of someone’s day now, is it? Everybody always seems preoccupied). But for a quick update, I’ve done some millennial job hopping this past month and am currently in my third job since graduation. I got my degree just a little over a year ago, so that’s something to note.
In any case, I adore the new brand I’m working for. It’s a company that really matches my personal interests, so that’s a huge plus. I’m given a lot more work to do compared to my previous job, but the nature of tasks allow me to stretch my writing skills like I never have before.
Still, having dived into the employed life straight after getting my degree left me with little time to travel. But you know how life is: there’s a price to pay for every hour you don’t work. (Are we an overworked generation?)
So there’s that, plus, I actually like working…o.o I’ve been bound to the desk for the last two years. I’m at a point in my life where I feel restless when I don’t have a task to work on. It’s like the most natural thing to do, and I’m not sure if that is problematic or not. Whether I have a real need for an escape or I’m just amused by the idea of it, I have yet to find out. (So maybe I do need to book a trip, in the end.)
My other favorites for the month:
- How to Get Away With Murder Season 4. I’ve been left lifeless after watching the last of Game of Thrones Season 7, but my other favorite show is back just in time. Additional note: I am now reading Game of Thrones and I HAVE TO mention that of course!!!
- This ridiculously funny video of Ava Ryan reporting on FW fashion trends. Totally a guilty pleasure for me.
- Granola and yogurt. I love plain rolled oatmeal–I am drooling just saying this, I seem to have a thing for bland flavors. But granola is a decadent, crunchy change, so I’m baking some up this weekend!
- This street fashion photographer for Collage Vintage.
- Plaid Coats. You SAW that coming, didn’t you?
- Ultra-cool boots from Modern Vice. Can’t pick just one, can’t buy any at all.
- Halloween. I was looking for Halloween baking ideas the other day and I’m not ashamed to admit that. That’s about as far as I’m going to yap about it, lest I don’t stop.